Toronto, ON, CA or remote | Full time | Development | Prototyping | Testing
We\'re looking for a creative and methodical UX Developer to join our inclusive design team.
Our work is driven by our values of usability, accessibility, inclusion, and digital excellence.
If youre passionate about delivering products and services that make a meaningful impact for diverse markets, we want to hear from you.
Initially on a 6-month contract, we\'re hopeful we\'ll find someone we can work with on an ongoing basis!
We deliver high touch services and customized experiences to our clients. This means collaborating with the clients, research, strategy, design, and dev teams to deliver thoughtful interfaces that serve identified use cases and deliver wonderful experiences.
We have a longstanding presence within Torontos design ecosystem and work on varied projects from different fields, including public and private sector organizations.
While our project teams can expand to involve a larger number of staff and subject matter experts locally and abroad, your day-to-day will be working with a core team of three of us who are in the Toronto area.
The goal of your role is to assist in defining and shipping digital products, while understanding and sharing the processes that make for delivering effective inclusive products.
This opportunity is supported by the Digital Skills for Youth program.
Program qualifications require that you are:
- a post-secondary graduate (ideally from a computer science program, human-computer interaction program, or similar program);
- no older than 30 years of age;
- legally entitled to work in Canada;
- employed below your level of education, outside your field of study, hold part-time employment, or are unemployed.
As part of this program, the starting wage will be $3750 per month during the 6 month contract period. The program also includes opportunities for additional training in addition to the wage and work commitments.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be focused on the process of shipping user-centred products involving research, experimentation, revision, and execution of digital products. Your work will see you engaging with research, design, and development, while being a passionate advocate for user needs and highlighting the value of your work internally and with clients.
Outputs of this work will include defining the information architecture of digital products, creating wireframes, prototyping, and reviewing and testing in progress or existing products internally and with users, all to support your role in building digital products (web, mobile, etc).
We are looking for a UX developer who is able to multitask, working on different projects at the same time, and someone who has an eye for detail, precision, and performance. This includes analyzing websites and their code in order to develop style guides and research and write accessible code suggestions.
- Familiarity with building for mobile and responsive web
- Experienced in coding front-end interface designs
- Prototyping skills with Figma, InVision, AdobeXD or similar tools
- A passion for learning more about accessibility and inclusive digital products
- An interest in conducting usability tests, user interviews, and other forms of user research
- An interest in growing your skills in front-end code or data analysis through workshops or other learning opportunities
- Any experience with CMS platforms Wordpress and Webflow
- Focus on accessible code and dig deep into WCAG and AODA web requirements
- Full-stack code and deployment of digital products and websites
- Researching, writing, and publishing research papers and foundational content on the topics of digital transformation and inclusive design
- Developing pitches for new work, content, and content syndication
- Coordinating and managing user research studies
- Video and audio production
- Digging into analytics and behavioural tools to understand behaviour, optimization, and automation opportunities
About Say Yeah
Since 2008, our Toronto, Canada leadership team has been working with clients and teams globally to provide digital transformation consulting and inclusive design services that unlock organizational potential and access to markets.
Weve applied our expertise across numerous industries, public services, and arts organizations, working with organizations large and small. We are inclusive and accessible in our communications as well as our work efforts. Our approach to delivering service is based on an understanding of diverse perspectives, capabilities, and requirements.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), aboriginal (Indigenous) persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. We are committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture and workplace environment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment processes. Please advise if you require accommodation throughout the recruiting process.
During COVID, we have continued to largely work remotely, though there are two of us regularly in our Toronto, Canada office with room for two more staff while maintaining social distancing. Depending on your proximity to the office and safely being able to travel to and from the office, while maintaining social distancing, there is an opportunity to work either remotely, in office, or a combination of each.
Apply now with work samples and a resume.