Kajabi empowers entrepreneurs, experts and influencers who are serious about their business to achieve success online. With its robust set of continuously expanding tools and features, Kajabi’s all-in-one platform leads the industry. Kajabi has helped users in 120 countries serve 41 million students to make over 1 billion dollars in sales. Kajabi brings the heart to the tech and encourages online business owners to make a difference. Based in Irvine, California, Kajabi was founded by Kenny Rueter in 2010. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Senior Production Engineer
The Senior Production Engineer will contribute on a cross-functional team that takes a system-wide, holistic view of Kajabi’s products to create and maintain tools and infrastructure that elevate the reliability and efficiency of the platform. The role will report to the Engineering Manager of Product Infrastructure.
While the skills and experience needed for this role are demanding, the Production Engineering team has a wide spectrum of experience and we celebrate the value that a diversity of perspectives brings to our work. If your experience doesn’t exactly match what we’ve described but you think you would excel on our team because of other skills you might bring, please consider applying.
The Impact you will make
- Resolve production incidents. This includes joining a weekly on-call rotation for 24/7 incident response.
- Design and develop scalable architectures and work with application developers to ensure the architecture meets the product requirements. Production Engineers at Kajabi are whatever the opposite of Ivory Tower Architects would be, we collaborate with others and drive evolutionary change.
- Design and implement infrastructure automations and internal developer tools.
- Define and evolve infrastructure SLOs and collaborate with application developers to define and measure product-level SLOs and metrics.
- Collaborate with Business Operations on initiatives around ETL and analytics.
- Develop and maintain the CI/CD pipeline by offering self-service tools and coaching the product teams on collective ownership.
- Plan and execute upgrades and other maintenance on any system in production.
- Create tools and automations that reduce the need for writing documentation for processes and best practices.
Attributes for Success
- The most important thing we are looking for is experience writing and operating backend systems. Almost all our products and infrastructure tools are written in Ruby, but expertise in another language would also work.
- You prefer to be a generalist and enjoy working across as many parts of the system as possible.
- Real-time problem solving and debugging skills. We are on-call for production incidents and our customers’ businesses depend on us to restore service quickly.
- Experience designing, developing, and operating web application architectures at a moderate scale. We favor software engineering skills over traditional IT operations experience, but if you’ve never worked on a system with hundreds or thousands of requests per second, you might struggle to excel in this role.
- Ability and eagerness to learn languages, data stores, frameworks, and infrastructure platforms.
- Experience collaborating on a cross-functional team. While some of our work requires heads-down focus by a solo contributor, much of what we do requires collaboration within the team or with other teams to design and deliver infrastructure that is optimized across business units and ever-changing product requirements.
Bonus If You Have
- Application development experience. While our team is responsible for product infrastructure, our immediate “customers” are the application developers and we strive to understand how to accelerate their development with tools and automation.
- Experience with Ruby and Rails.
- Experience with monitoring moderate-scale web applications and coaching application developers on observability.
- Experience scaling applications on Heroku and AWS.
- Significant operational experience with large PostgreSQL, Redis, and memcached servers.
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Fully paid health insurance and dental insurance for self and family.
- Fitness Incentives Package
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Company Funded Headspace Account
- Company Funded Audible Account
- Funded HSA account
Educational opportunities will be offered for the Senior Production Engineer at the discretion of the CEO/President, and could include participating in a mentorship program, training to further specific career goals, books or digital content to supplement education, and attendance at conferences areas of interest and impact for Kajabi’s overall goals and your desired career goals.
The Senior Production Engineer will meet weekly with the Team Lead of Product Infrastructure to catch up and discuss their role. The goal of these meetings is to identify areas where the company and individuals can improve, what areas they’re needing more guidance on, and where the Kajabi leadership team can lend time or resources to help meet goals. It’s also a time to discuss specific expectations and discuss any areas of concern you may have about your job or your team.
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Click apply, below!
- Links – Send along any links that best showcase your experience, i.e. your portfolio, Github profile, LinkedIn, blog posts or other writing samples.
- Cover Letter – Please provide a cover letter that aligns directly to this role. Introduce yourself as a part of our team and tell us why you’re interested in Kajabi! Show us how you could make an impact in Kajabi’s future as well as how Kajabi can influence yours. Feel free to get creative! We are committed to providing our undivided attention to you!
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.